Dinner with Friends

July 31, 1982

In the mid-to-late 70s, Mui and I briefly worked at the Turkish American Association (TAA) in Ankara, Turkey; he was an administrator and I was a language instructor.  In fact, that’s where we met … he still claims he hired me so he could get to know me better!  But that’s a different story.

The TAA Director at the time was an American named Aneitta Albright.  She and her family became good friends of ours.  In fact, by introducing us to their friends, the Haggarties, the Albrights were instrumental in us starting life in the US in Washington State instead of on the East Coast where I had family.

So, when Aneitta and Marsden came to Seattle for a few days with their kids (Andawnette, Ariadne, and Anthony), we naturally got together at the Haggarty residence for an evening of reminiscence.

Aneitta passed away in 2004; Marsden in 2010.  May they both rest in peace.

No comments: