Thank You

22 October 1984

It’s always nice to be appreciated for the work one does … here’s a note from one of the clients of the company I worked for.  (Petrolex represented individuals who owned oil and gas leases, and helped them sell the drilling rights to such parcels to interested companies.)

Something I’ll always remember about Dwight … he was on the 14th Street Bridge when Air Florida Flight 90 crashed into the Potomac River in January 1982.  I didn’t know this until much later when he and his partner took us out to dinner during our 1985 trip to Washington, DC.  As we listened to him relate the experience at a restaurant overlooking the Potomac, chills ran up my spine.

By the way, the gift mentioned in the card was a burnt-cherry leather briefcase … I used it for many, many years. 

No comments: